We are a debt relief agency.
We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the bankruptcy code.
Getting debt under control
The Federal Bankruptcy Code is designed to assist companies and individuals when their debt load becomes so unmanageable that the company or individual cannot find any other method of handling the debt.
The Bankruptcy Code is not simple
Different chapters of the Bankruptcy Code are designed to provide different types of bankruptcy protection. For example:
- Chapter 11 allows for reorganization under the bankruptcy laws of the United States. It is available to any business, whether it is a corporation or sole proprietorship. Although it is primarily used by corporate entities, it is also available to individuals.
- Chapter 7 governs the process of a liquidation bankruptcy.
- Chapter 13 provides for a reorganization process.
Declaring bankruptcy or reorganization is a difficult decision
The decision to file for bankruptcy protection is often stressful and extremely difficult. But, seeking bankruptcy protection can be an important financial tool. Because of the complexity of the bankruptcy laws, it is extremely important to have sound advice and assistance in making the decision and moving through the process.
Behar, Gutt & Glazer, P.A. listens to your specific situation and take the necessary time to analyze your circumstances. There are three simple questions that need to be answered before any decision is made on how to proceed:
- Should I or my company file for bankruptcy?
- What are the different kinds of bankruptcy?
- What happens after filing bankruptcy?
Act quickly before your situation worsens
Our bankruptcy attorneys know how time sensitive bankruptcy and debt matters can be. There can be nothing more frustrating than going unpaid for the honest goods and/or services you have provided. It can be very time-consuming and expensive. Not all companies are equipped to carry long-term receivables.
We can help you get a swift resolution and a fresh start
If you are trying to collect from an individual or organization that is in the process of filing for bankruptcy or being reorganized, you are well advised to seek counsel from the attorneys at Behar, Gutt & Glazer, P.A.
Prior to meeting with us, you may be asked to fill out our bankruptcy questionnaire. You can download our Personal Bankruptcy Questionnaire or our Business Bankruptcy Questionnaire here. Both are available in Adobe Acrobat Reader format.